Strategic Communication & Alumni Relations Office
To stay connected with DLIFLC please click here.
The Alumni Relations Office (ARO) engages with current and former Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) students, faculty and staff to cultivate a relationship that provides the exchange of lifelong language learning experiences. The ARO serves as a direct communications conduit between the language community and the Institute and articulates these efforts through official channels, as well as written stories, multimedia and social media outlets.
To be invested in the Language Community that is connected to, enriched by and proud of its alumni.
- Provide meaningful, lifelong opportunities for alumni to engage and connect to DLIFLC.
- Design and support a range of purposeful engagement opportunities appealing to alumni throughout the life cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan to strengthen alumni connections to DLIFLC and its goals.
- Support direct connections among alumni so they can make significant contributions to each other and the language community at large.
- Increase opportunities where alumni can play a meaningful role with current DLIFLC students in online alumni-student professional development forums.
What can you expect
- E-mail correspondence
- The GLOBE Magazine (release notification for latest edition; ability to contribute articles and photos; etc)
- Securely correspond with alumni via email & through feature articles or submissions for the Globe
- Securely maintain unclassified data about our alumni for official DLIFLC statistical requirements (ie: graduation data)