The DLIFLC Ombudsman is an independent, neutral conflict resolution practitioner who provides an informal and confidential forum to hear concerns about policies, programs, practices, patterns, and systemic issues confronting DLIFLC employees.
In support of promoting DLlFLC core values, the objective is to use a variety of conflict resolution methods such as conciliation, informal inquiries, shuttle diplomacy, cooperative problem-solving, mediation, facilitation, climate assessments, and other customized, interest-based approaches. Focus is on providing ethical conflict resolution processes in compliance with the Administrative Dispute Resolution Act, DoD Directive 5145.5, and related professional standards of practice and code of ethics.
Provide a safe and accessible place to discuss workplace problems at all levels and present options for addressing concerns through non-adversarial problem resolution methods and improve communication through collaboration and transparency with the goal of achieving satisfactory outcomes for all parties.
Why Contact the Ombudsman?
If you are an employee, manager, or senior leader who:
- needs help addressing an issue in a non-adversarial manner;
- wants a confidential sounding board;
- would like to discuss strategies for preventing, managing, and resolving conflicts;
- would like to raise complex or controversial issues anonymously without fear of reprisal;
- wants to identify opportunities for improving professionalism, ethics, and corporate responsibility;
- needs an independent facilitator to assist in working through workplace issues or problems; or
- feels that one has been treated unfairly and needs help in assessing options
An Ombudsman does not:
- Make changes to policy or carry out administrative decisions
- Serve as an advocate for any individual
- Conduct formal investigations or issues investigative reports
- Serve as a part of a formal grievance/complaint system
The Ombudsman may be contacted via phone, email, or by appointment. In the event that no one is available, you may leave a voicemail. We will return your call as soon as possible.
The Ombudsman Office is located in Building 636A, Room 21
Presidio of Monterey, California, 93944
Walk-in and appointment hours: Monday – Friday 0745 to 1645
The best way to contact the Ombudsman office is by e-mail DLIFLC Ombudsman Email